resolve_hosts in smblib/namequery.c does not handle multiple IP addresses ...

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri May 3 21:54:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I was messing with giving my Win2K DC IP aliases, and discovered that this
seems to cause a problem with Samba 2.2.x.

If the IP addresses sort such that the alias comes first, winbindd cannot
talk to the DC, because resolve_hosts only uses the first IP address
returned for the hostname of the password server when trying to resolve
the DC name, and it seems that WINS does not respond on aliases.

Unless there are big reasons not to, I might change that ...

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,
sharpe at ethereal.com