Samba 2.2.3a + Win2K

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at tellurian.com.au
Mon Mar 25 16:57:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've got a client who's running Samba 2.2.3a on their RedHat 6.2 server.
  They've got a number of Windows clients, all of which are a stock
Windows 2000 with no service packs installed. There is another machine
(a Toshiba laptop running the Toshiba "version"/"distribution" of
Windows 2000), which doesn't report as too having service pack 2
installed, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not.

All of the above clients are able to join the domain and generally do
windows-type stuff, but whenever the laptop attempts to display a
networked directory with more than 200 files (not a precise number) in
it, explorer crashes. The laptop doesn't have the same problem
displaying "large" directories on other Windows 2000 machines.

I remember that SP2 for Win2K caused some hiccups a while back, which is
the only reason I mentioned it.

There were no unusual errors in the logs at level 3.

Has anyone seen similar, or better still, got a fix?

thx,
Matt