R codes in Samba wins.dat

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Mon Mar 25 11:55:05 GMT 2002

First, yes the final field should be the flags field, and should probably
map to the NAME_FLAGS field in the NODE STATUS RESPONSE message.

See:  http://ubiqx.org/cifs/rfc-draft/rfc1002.html#s4.2.18
and:  http://ubiqx.org/cifs/NetBIOS.html, section 3.4.3.5.1.

There are several flags in that field.  My guess is that "R" stands for
Active (?) but I'm not sure.

Warning: Samba currently does not support multiple IPs per group entry
*except* for #1C group names.  In most cases, the only valid IP for a
group name is 255.255.255.255.

See:  http://ubiqx.org/cifs/NetBIOS.html, section 3.5.2.

Chris -)-----