setting up samba server for remote printer driver download

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 22 09:25:02 GMT 2002

>We've had a lot of reported problems with the CUPS "cupsaddsmb"
>program when adding the Adobe PS drivers via smbclient and rpcclient.
>Everything worked in 2.2.2, but broke starting with 2.2.3.

I see the drivername dumped to a temporary log entry in
construct_printer_info_2 (immediately before it is copied to the return
buffer) but don't see it on the wire.

FYI - The construct_printer_info_1 routine looks interestingly different
between Samba 2..2.3a and head
The first sub-field within the printer_info_1 "description" field is filled
in 2.2.3a with get_called_name() prepended to the printername while in head
this subfield is simply printername.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin