Returning "fake" directories via VFS

Andreas Lund floyd at atc.no
Wed Mar 20 02:22:02 GMT 2002

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:47:53 -0800, jra at samba.org (Jeremy Allison) wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 12:33:40AM +0100, Andreas Lund wrote:
> >
> > Does Samba do another system call to somehow "confirm" the filename or
> > anything? Or does Samba talk to the OS directly and not just to the VFS
> > wrapper, making this sort of thing impossible? I can't figure out exactly
> > where the filename is replaced with an empty string, all I know is that
it
> > never makes it into any of the debug logs :-/
>
> If shouldn't talk to the system directly. If it does it's a bug.
> CVS checkout - I've done a lot of work on the VFS layer recently
> to get the "recycle" module working.

Checked it out and recompiled the whole thing now. The example modules compile
without errors but Samba seems to have problems with them at run-time:

[2002/03/20 11:57:27, 0] smbd/vfs.c:vfs_init_custom(121)
  Error opening /root/cvs/samba/examples/VFS/recycle.so:
/root/cvs/samba/examples/VFS/recycle.so: undefined symbol:
DEBUGLEVEL_CLASS_ISSET

All three example modules exhibit this problem. Probably just a stupid little
thing, I'll try to figure it out.

-Andreas.