Spaces in groupname and winbind

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Mar 19 16:15:02 GMT 2002

Hi Matt - this looks familiar.
What version of samba are you using?

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Pavlovich [mailto:mpav at algx.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 5:02 PM
To: MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1)
Subject: RE: Spaces in groupname and winbind

Don-

Any ideas on the return of groups?

Got another one--

getent passwd returns weirdness:
# getent passwd | grep mpav
mpav:x:1001:10::/export/home/mpav:/usr/bin/bash
ATI_DOM+mpavlovi:x,mpavlovi:10000:10000:Pavlovich, Matthew
R.:/export/home/samba/ATI_DOM/mpavlovi:/bin/false

mpav is a local unix account w/ /etc/passwd entries.. ATI_DOM+mpavlovi
is the NT domain account.. look at the password filed: "x,mpavlovi".  I
am having problems authenticating to the server... is this an issue?

Thanks,
Matt Pavlovich