Need Help Building Samba with the same options as Mandrake

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Mon Mar 18 10:54:40 GMT 2002

You could get the SRPM for the Mandrake package you're interested in, and
build it until it has finished running the configure script. At that point,
the file "source/config.status" will have the options it was called with in
a comment near the top. Either that or find the configure options in the
SRPM setup scripts. Then do a autoconf, configure, and make of your new code
with those options.

Here is an example of the contents of config.status, showing the options:

Report bugs to <bug-autoconf at gnu.org>."
ac_cs_version="\
config.status
configured by ./configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.52,
  with options \"--with-smbmount --with-winbind --with-vfs
--with-profiling-data --with-quotas --enable-debug\"

Copyright 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Free Software Foundation, Inc.

So if I configure new code, the configure line would be:

./configure --with-smbmount --with-winbind --with-vfs --with-profiling-data
--with-quotas --enable-debug