Need Help Building Samba with the same options as Mandrake

Mike Gerdts Michael.Gerdts at alcatel.com
Mon Mar 18 09:48:49 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 10:46, Steven Mackenzie wrote:
> I've got the Samba source code from CVS. What is the most straightforward
> way to build with the same options as the Mandrake use for their RPMS?
>
> Or, how could I make some Mandrake RPMS from the Samba source code?
>
> I want to do this to see if my (previously reported) printing problems with
> 2.2.3a are fixed yet. I don't want to hit any problems due to different
> compile time options though ...

You could probably get the Mandrake source RPM (samba-*.src.rpm),
install it (rpm -Uvh samba-*.src.rpm), download the samba-2.2.3a
tarball, put the tarball in /usr/src/*/SOURCES, modify the spec file
(most likely /usr/src/*/SPECS/samba.spec) to bump the version number on
the new RPM that you create and on the tarball.  Evaluate any patches
that Mandrake adds to ensure that they still make sense for this new
release, then "rpm -ba samba.spec".

Mike