help..

Pranay abex at cradle.com
Sun Mar 17 20:00:02 GMT 2002

Hi Praveen,

    Do u want to search or browse ur LAN...??? I hope that u've configured
samba...if no configure it...its very simple...after u finish that...go to
KDE...open 'Control Centre' u'll get a window over there...choose
'Networking' in Networking choose Lan Browsing...specify ur Network Range
over there...& click on Auto Setup...(this feature only available in Red
Hat Linux 7.2...in 7.1 there's no option called 'Auto Setup') click
apply...!!! After u finish this...go to console window & just give
command..."lisa -K". This will start the Lisa daemon...now if u want to
browse ur local network...just go to Home Directory...select Network expand
it...& click on Local Network. From here u can browse ur local network...by
IP Address...or if u provide entries in /etc/hosts file u can browse it
through names also...!!!

reply me it works or not...

with regards,

Pranay