help..

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Sat Mar 16 16:23:05 GMT 2002

on 17-03-2002 01:58, PRAVEEN AGARWAL at a_praveen at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi there,
>  In our institute, recently LAN has been setup and i want to design a
> samba based search engine for it(most of the
>   machine are win based and mine is linux). Please help me out that,
> where to start from?
>
> *Thanks in advance
>   pravee

A search engine in what way? A Network Neighborhood kinda thing, of which
there are many, or a real search engine to search for files.

At our university campus there are several very complete
samba-network-crawlers.

http://Dance.student.utwente.nl
http://Infofind.student.utwente.nl
http://Swing.student.utwente.nl
(ordered in quality)

You could try and contact their maintainers.
They all have indexers, search engines, web interfaces and windows
interfaces.

DJ

Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman