roaming cache and nt acl support

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Sat Mar 16 16:14:46 GMT 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, William Jojo wrote:

> So I guess my questions are:
>
> 1) Is this normal behaviour for "nt acl support = yes"?
> 2) Should I be setting it to no?
> 3) Is it a bug introduced at 2.2.2?
>

> I can get a dump together if someone would like me to...

It's an issue in Win2kSP2.  Jeremy believes it to be a client
issue.  Setting "nt acl support = no" for the profile share is
the recommended confiuration.

The environment in which we have seen these is storing profiles on a
Samba member server that is not running winbind.  Does this match your
environment?

cheers, jerry