smbpasswd modifcation & find cmputer by name fails

Pranay abex at cradle.com
Fri Mar 15 00:41:09 GMT 2002

Hi,

    The first thing I would like to tell u is why do u need to reboot the Linux
machine after changing the password? I don't think its necessarry...!!!

    Second thing try to log off & log in again to Windows machine & then try it...!!!
Also check whether ur nmbd service is running properly or not...!!!

Regards,

Pranay