smbpasswd modifcation & find cmputer by name fails

Pradeepa Venkatswamy pradeepa.venkatswamy at wipro.com
Thu Mar 14 23:41:04 GMT 2002

Hi,
	Thank you for your reply...

	Ya Rebooting is not necessary........First we tried stopping samba &
starting it again after password modification,but 	it didn't work so we
rebooted linux m/c.
	Logging off or Rebooting the windows client is working........

	But our concern is after password modification,map drive through ip address
is working but find computer by name is not 	working.Both these operations
are going through same set of functions(reply_sesssetup_and_X()) for
password 	validation.....why only find computer by name is failing????

Regards,
V.Pradeepa.