NetAPP/Samba 3.0/plugs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Mar 12 03:35:03 GMT 2002

Danny Braniss wrote:

> hi,
>         after a long wait (several years actually :-), i got NetAPP fileserver
> to join samba! i did this by hand-crafting a machine account in my plugable
> module.
>         now, since the 'users' account is also being handle by my plug, the
> 'Map Network Drive' from a WinXP client is failing. i managed to pass
> the password check, but im getting:
>
> get_domain_user_groups: primary gid of user [danny] is not a Domain group !
> get_domain_user_groups: You should fix it, NT doesn't like that
>
> while im trying to understand the ma^H^Hlogic behind the group stuff, can
> some good soul help me out?

I need to look into it further (to make it work better with the primary
group RID being in the passdb but not being related to the user's
primary unix group), but the error isn't fatal.  Any drive mapping
problems you have lie elsewhere (unless you are mapping a drive to a
share on a domain member, in which case there could be issue).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net