Problem compiling latest HEAD-Samba 3.0-alpha15 (with winbind d and pam) on HP-UX - Possible Bug

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Mon Mar 11 05:59:02 GMT 2002

Hi Andrew,
I submitted bug reports PR#22628 PR#22632 (I submitted 2 because the 1st one
had the wrong diff format...) with the
changes I need to get Samba Head to compile an build winbind on HPUX
11.x....  This patch adds the changes made to 2.2 into the structure that
3.0 uses.  Let me know if you need anything else.  The aforementioned
reports get the build, etc to work, but I am still struggling with a problem
in the pam_winbind shared library on 3.0 in HPUX 11; At this point, Samba,
and nsswitch work with winbind, but the pam modules are still getting the
syslog error "unable to load module" when the pam_winbind.so module is
invoked, leading me to suspect that we are dynamically requiring a load of
some library that is not universally available on HPUX in this version, or
some other issue...- I'll let you know when I have this knocked out...  (or
come begging for help - one or the other!)
Thanks for you attention,
Don

Thanks,
Don