Problem compiling latest HEAD-Samba 3.0-alpha15 (with winbindd and pam) on HP-UX - Possible Bug

Mike samba at miratek.com
Sat Mar 9 20:39:03 GMT 2002

Andrew,

This patch (attached 2.2.3-pre.patch) is what Don e-mailed me on
1/8/2002 to get samba-2.2.3-pre to compile on HP-UX with winbind and
pam. This worked and this patch was part of the final samba-2.2.3
release.

It seemed that some of theses changes were never applied to the HEAD.
Don's patch on 3/5/2002 fixed some of these changes (3.0-alpa15.patch).
But it did not address any changes that were applied in
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c file. As far as I can tell only the changes in
pam_winbind.c file did not make it to HEAD. I tried adding the changes
but that caused some errors that I couldn't fix.

I appreciate any ideas or if you can apply Don's patches to HEAD and try
to reconcile the changes in pam_winbind.c.

Thanks,

Mike