Local Master Browser problem with 2.2.3a

Guillermo Gomez ggomez at neotechgw.net
Fri Mar 8 08:19:08 GMT 2002

Dear Gurus : )

I am not an expert but i conducted some tests with the "browsing"
features of the Samba 2.2.3a and find out some facts that looks like a
possible mistake from my part or a little bug in the Samba 2.2.3a
software, can somebody help me?

My test network was composed of 1 Samba Machine under RH7.2 Linux, 1x
W98 client and 1x Win/Me client.

I made 72 tests varying the following options:

local master
domain master
prefered master
wins support

The domains logon feature was activated in the global section of my
smb.conf.

The results of my tests was that every time my Samba machine was the LMB
it was impossible to browse network using the network neighborhood (or
My Network Places in Win/Me) icon on the clients. I also verify that
other guy is having exactly the some problem.

Is it a bug already fixed or not ?

Thanks

Guillermo Gomez
neotech systems gw