smb packets

Luis Bermejo xberml at softlab.de
Wed Mar 6 07:09:02 GMT 2002

Hi all

We have developped a program based on samba (It is FAS). In order to do
that, we built an adaptation layer that joins samba an our program. In
this layer we have assumed that samba processes packets synchronously
and the only smb message that can overlap the message that is being
processed is an internal one (for example oplock break) so it must be
called for the same connection. Are this assumptions right?. Our program
was working alright so far, but we have discovered a problem under very
special circumstances. If we receive a new smb packet while there is one
on course, how can we queue this packet and start processingit when the
other one has finished?. We are using samba 2.0.7
Is this solved in newer releases?.

Thank you in advance.
Luis