SERIOUS trouble with rpc-based printer stuff

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Tue Mar 5 05:04:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have done a bit more testing.
Specifically, I tested the rpc-based driver installations on samba
versions 2.2.2, 2.2.3a, 2.2.4-pre and 3.0-HEAD (latter two with sources
from ftp://pserver.samba.org), and compared the 'reactions' on a config
with just ONE printer and on a config with the 70 printers it will have
to work with if I want it to go live.

Results:

any version AFTER 2.2.2 fails in rpc-based driver installation, no
matter wether I have ONE or SEVENTY printers defined in my samba config.
2.2.2 'only' fails with 70 printers, but works with a single one (and
also with 4 printers, that was where I started...).

in detail:
2.2.3a DOES install the driver, and connects the printer with it, but
'enumdrivers' in rpcclient returns NIL
2.2.4-pre and 3.0-HEAD won't even do that.

bye,
	MH