Fwd: Samba and referrals in LDAP

Marshall, Joshua MarshallJ at switch.aust.com
Sun Mar 3 22:35:03 GMT 2002

Hi Andrew,

I just had a look at version 1.23 (latest HEAD) via the cvsweb... the
patch I sent you has most of its code stolen from ldapsam_connect_system() which actually has the same static variables in the latest version (or
am I just confused from your email).

If you're looking at taking these static variables out, you could get the
code to call fetch_ldapsam_pw() every time it had to do a rebind. This would take out the necessity to
use static variables. I wouldn't think that fetch_ldapsam_pw() would take
an incredibly long time, and a rebind only occurs on updates, which are
infrequent.

Regards,

Joshua Marshall
Systems Support Engineer