Domain User fix patch

David Mulcahy david.mulcahy at eseol.co.uk
Sat Mar 2 15:19:01 GMT 2002

Hello all

Firstly let me point out I cannot substantiate all of the details yet (I am
working on it so i hope you can help) but after upgrading to samba 3 cvs
3/2/2002 i am getting very similar conditions that led me to delete all files
in a users directory just by logging on only after applying the domain user
fix patch.

First thing I notice when upgrading to v3 is all users home directory cryptic
text?

secondly i am receiving something about cannot create profile directory
because \\pdc\test       name resolve order = wins.pds - which was exactly
what i was receiving in 2.2.3 patch applied just before i deleted all the
files.

Maybe it is something that i am doing wrong  I am honestly not sure anymore
but all I can say for now is everything was fine in 2.2.3 before I applied
the Domain user fix?

just a quick output from smbstatus -S

Samba version 3.0-alpha15
PID     Username      Group         Machine
21755   root          root          eseol        (192.168.100.4)

Service      pid     machine       Connected at
 ö'@ ö'@8Í   21755   eseol         Sat Mar  2 20:47:44 2002
[root at alan bin]#

Hope you can make something of that.

David Mulcahy