Multiple passdb backends

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl
Sat Mar 2 07:03:07 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Samba currently supports only one passdb backend at a time. It would
> be nice to be able to load multiple backends, just like nsswitch and
> pam. When multiple backends are supported, it would be possible to
> (just some examples):
>
> - use users from a ldap database and a mysql database
> - use a global ldap database and use a 'local' smbpasswd database
> - use two mysql databases (on two servers, for example)
>
> feedback, please :)

Nothing, but interest :) I don't know enough about dynamically loadable
code, but I suppose domain trusts code should be another one module.
I hope it will become, as soon as I learn more about writing dl modules.

> Btw. What do you use when programming on samba? I'm currently just
> using using vim + gdb + tail -f /usr/local/samba/var/log.*, but I'm
> looking for a more easy way.

Quite comfortable way, is source navigator (very useful tool) and ddd.

cheers,
|Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl>   |