FW: samba woes

Stieglitz, Eric J. (DCSA) EStieglitz at exchange.ml.com
Wed Jun 26 11:09:04 GMT 2002

Jim, Jeremy, et. al.:

Is this problem documented in any of the Linux-specific Samba docs?
If not, perhaps it should be added as a "known bug" which prevents
smbsh from functioning on Linux?

Also, what can we do to either smbsh or glibc that would work towards
a fix on this issue? Is this something that we could hack with or is
it better left to very experienced systems programmers? If you don't
mind us hacking at it in our free time, might you have any pointers
towards a "useful" hack?

/EJS