VFS on 2.2.5 and FreeBSD -stable

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at inethouston.net
Wed Jun 26 10:15:02 GMT 2002

> smbd must be compiled so that it is exporting symbols that
> a dlopen'ed VFS module can link back to the loading smbd.
>
> It looks like these people have compiled smbd without the
> ld option that means it will export its symbols.

I think I've tracked down exactly what happened.  A while back
someone sent some FreeBSD patches to fix the VFS modules WRT DYNEXP
flags.  The flags that FreeBSD needs are DYNEXP="-Wl,--export-dynamic"
Later on someone from openbsd posted something to fix their problems,
which would be DYNEXP="-Wl,-E".  Looking through configure.in, it
appears that only DYNEXP="-Wl,-E" are used or am I not looking in the
right place?

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr at inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>