nt smb support = no is broken in 2.2.5 with XP

Dieter Stampfer dieter.stampfer at univie.ac.at
Wed Jun 26 08:23:06 GMT 2002

	Hi all,

when setting 'nt smb support = no' on a Samba 2.2.5 server and mapping a
share from a Windos XP client, the client can not create a directory on
the share, instead it get's an error 'The system cannot find the file
specified'. In addition, XP clients can't map shares via MS DFS with
error 'The system cannot find the path specified'.

Neither of this happens for NT clients.

The original reason that we had to set 'nt smb support = no' was (and
still is) that one cannot use Netbench with more than one engine per XP
client, since all engines but one die with error 32 on move or delete
operations. That's not much of a problem really but it doesn't give me
much confidence either.

In 2.2.4 'nt smb support = no' worked without problems. Does anyone know
what happened ? Will this be fixed (I volunteer to test) ?

	Thanks,
		Dieter
--
		email:	Dieter.Stampfer at univie.ac.at		Vienna
    Dieter	voice:	(+43 1) 4277-14063		    University