Samba 2.2.5 and WinNT Problems

Thomas.Mieslinger at germanparcel.de Thomas.Mieslinger at germanparcel.de
Tue Jun 25 04:17:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

Samba 2.2.5 works fine with WinXP but it seems, that it doesn't work as
fine as 2.2.4 did with NT.

I'm using Samba as a PDC on Solaris 7 intel.

When I try to add a Domainuser to a local Group on a Workstation, then I
get an errormessage saying "This user does exist in the Domain". Well I
can log on to the domain as that user. Someone told me about that it now
makes a diffrence, if the Domainname is written as DOMAIN, Domain or
domain. NT prefers DOMAIN and XP seems to prefer Domain. Could someone
please tell me how to make Samba 2.2.5 usable with WinNT?

When I try to add a Workstation to a domain where already a
computeraccount for that Workstation exists, Samba 2.2.5 is unable to
delete the old account and create a new one. Samba 2.2.4 had no problem
with preexisting Workstationaccounts.

Thats how I configured samba:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --localstatedir=/var/samba
--with-privatedir=/etc/samba --with-lockdir=/var/samba/locks
--with-piddir=/var/samba/run --with-configdir=/etc/samba
--with-codepagedir=/usr/local/share/codepages
--with-logfilebase=/var/samba/log --with-pam --with-pam_smbpass
--with-nisplussam --with-quotas --with-acl-support --without-winbind

Thanks in advance

Thomas Mieslinger
--
German Parcel