inconsistent caching - bug?

Terry Davis tdavis at approbation.org
Mon Jun 24 12:47:02 GMT 2002

I am seeing some inconsistencies on files that have very similar names.

Here is my share:
[ftp]
        comment = FTP Directories
        path = /home
        browsable = yes
        writeable = no
        valid users = @csr, at system, at technical, at financial
        write list = @system
        force group = csr
        create mode = 0664
        directory mode = 0775

I have a person in the csr group trying to open two files:
-rw-rw-r--    1 13301    csr        108681 Jun 20 12:37 File1.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 13301    csr        170180 Jun 20 12:32 FILE1.TXT

They are named exactly like that, I made no name changes.

The sizes are different but the contents that are displayed to the user
are exactly the same.  I am wondering if samba is improperly showing the
user cached contents.  I did verify that if I rename one of the files,
the correct contents are displayed for both files.

thank you!

--
Terry Davis
http://approbation.org/