Very bad performance when copying large files from windows to samba-share

Ulf Bertilsson ulf.bertilsson at adcomdata.no
Mon Jun 24 08:26:21 GMT 2002

Well, if your still feel up for it :)

Amithlon(AmigaOS on x86 layer)->Win2k (800kb/s)
Win2k<-Amithlon(AmigaOS on x86 layer) (20-40Kb/s)

I could provide an debug level 9 output.

Exotic things..
Find the NBSS checksum errors :) (Parser error in Ethereal ?)

Also look how strange behaviour of windows size when you "get" a file
from Amithlon.

17520
17520
16...
16...

Seems unsynched somehow ?

The other way things seems smother with an stable windows size of 7300,
like:

tcp
NBSS
NBSS
tcp

http://www.birrabrothers.com/tiger/download/gettingafilefromamigaatawin2
kbox.capture

Will reflect this, could be I'm confused with some basic tcp/ip thing..
But if your up to it =D

Amiga port of smbfs works neat tho with high rates and you can even
star/stop
the interface in realtime, reboot other host etc =D

So I think it's isolated to an Samba issue.

Should I keep the list out of the thread now ?

--
Ulf