advice for quick hack on _old_ code?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Jun 21 13:38:11 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 12:51:52PM -0700, Ben Johnson wrote:
> Hi.  I'm a junior engineer (who's starting to grow up) at WatchGuard
> Tech.  We use some extremely old Samba code in our firewall to provide
> user authentication against an NT server.  I've been working on and off
> on a number of bugs in this type of authentication for more than a year
> now, and I am finally making some headway.

You do publish the code you're linking to Samba code, don't you.
You do know about the GPL (the license that Samba is under) I
assume.

I ask as I just did a google search for your product, and came
up with this :

http://www.watchguard.com/products/wgls.asp

and I don't see any mention of the GPL or releasing source
code anywhere.

Can you please give more information as to how you're using
Samba code in your product, I think we need to talk to
you about this.

Soon.

Jeremy Allison,
Samba Team.