SAMBA_3_0 CVS - A dead end?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 21 06:49:05 GMT 2002

Richard Bollinger wrote:

> A while ago there had been talk about the SAMBA_3_0 CVS branch being somewhat more stable than
> "head" for folk who want to live near, but not on the bleeding edge.  It looks like it was dropped
> for lack of interest... no material updates since May.

Tridge got busy.  I still think that Samba 3.0 should be released from
that branch, but I've got an uphill battle convincing other team
members.  More likely the current HEAD will be cut over at some point
soon and things might go on from there.

To add to the confusion, development in HEAD is speeding up - with a
number of new (external) developers on board for some much needed
re-architecture work.

> Before I whack my private copy, is it likely
> that it will wake up again any time soon?  For that matter, is there a document which gives the
> uninitiated some idea what the 18 different CVS branches are there for?
>
> Thanks, Rich Bollinger

See pserver.samba.org

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org