CIFS VFS posted

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 20 13:37:41 GMT 2002

I didn't make a tar ball of this particular version.   It is all in CVS
though (minus some bug fixes for locking e.g. my lock lengths are one byte
too short and I don't report the mandatory locking capable mode for files).
I will make a tar ball of the source on Monday.

I was holding off on making the announce on the kernel and fsdevel mailing
lists until I run better on the big endian architectures (I just got access
to an iSeries 64 bit, big endian machine for testing and I know already of
a few places where the code isn't endian neutral).   My tentative plan was
to bump the version to 0.5 when the big endian stuff works ok and make a
more general announce.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin