UTF-8 support and other quirks in the LDAP backend (in 2.2.4).

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 20 01:18:03 GMT 2002

Fredrik Ohrn wrote:

> > > Great! I'd be happy to help backporting and testing in 2.2.x
> >
> > Unless we get back massive issues, 2.2 is finished.  All developments
> > should be targeted at current HEAD for possible inclusion in 3.0 or
> > beyond.
> >

> Well, since I've already got several complaints from people whos name now
> prominetly shows as "Einar Blåberg" at the top of the XP startmenu
> instead of "Einar Blåberg" I'm doing some backporting.
>
> Unless someone shows up here with a baseball bat to stop me... ;)

Its not on my current priority list, so would you like to take this up?

We don't have the infrustructure to do it for 2.2, but when jmcd gets
the ADS end in, it should not be too hard.

The idea is to always bind as LDAPv3 (currently we don't, I'm told) and
to 'pull' all strings in from UTF8 to 'unix' charset as they come out of
the packet.  Likewise to 'push' them into UTF8 as they go to the wire.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net