Little list of horrors.

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Wed Jun 19 17:56:04 GMT 2002

	Off Topic, humor (I think).

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 04:50:40PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Hi all,

> 	I was investigating the SMB signing problems between Win2k
> clients and Windows XP servers and thought I'd take a look to see
> if there were any hotfix patches for Win2k that were post service
> pack 2.

> I discovered this list.... :

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com/support/ServicePacks/Windows/2000/Win2000_Post-SP2_Hotfixes.asp

> of *amazing* bugs (many SMB bugs) outstanding since SP2 for W2K.

	ammmaaazzzing bugs...

	I read this and having heard you face to face many times can
just imagine the expression "of *amazing* bugs" with your accent.  Something
like a side show barker shouting come see "the *amazing* sights" with rising
voice and arms out like wings.  :-)

> So if you're having problems on Windows 2000 clients with roving
> profiles, sessions being disconnected, files being truncated, corrupted,
> change notify not working or other such things you might have assumed
> were due to Samba bugs I suggest you take a look here first :-).

	Yup...  You would have made a great side show barker.  >;->=>

	"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends...  We're
so glad you could attend.   Come inside, come inside.  There behind
the glass lays a real blade of grass.  Be careful as you pass.  Move along
move along..."  (Emerson Lake and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery - Karn
Evil 9, 1st Impression, part 2)

> Cheers,

> 	Jeremy Allison,
> 	Samba Team.