UTF-8 support and other quirks in the LDAP backend (in 2.2.4).

Fredrik Ohrn ohrn at chl.chalmers.se
Wed Jun 19 09:19:02 GMT 2002

On 18 Jun 2002, Shahms E. King wrote:

> > Binding to the LDAP server with v3 of the protocol would be nice, since v2
> > is deprecated in OpenLDAP v2.1 (OK, so v2.1 isn't ready for prime time
> > yet, but it's still nice to get it done).
>
> We do bind in v3 if it's supported, otherwise we fall back to v2 (or at
> least, we used to, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't changed.)

Nope, after a quick read of the code I'd say it's the other way round, use
v2 by default and upgrade to v3 only if start tls is used.

It's not a showstopper for me so I'll leave it for now.

Regards,
Fredrik

--
   "It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
   the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."

Fredrik Öhrn                               Chalmers University of Technology
ohrn at chl.chalmers.se                                                  Sweden