DEBUG in reply.c file

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Wed Jun 19 08:21:01 GMT 2002

That depends on how you have your "log file" parameter set in smb.conf, and
your --with-logfilebase configuration parameter set when Samba is compiled.

I have log file set like this: log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
My --with-logfilebase is /var/log/samba.

So, when workstation "esh" connects to my Samba server, all the logging
specific to that connection will go into /var/log/samba/log.esh. Logging for
the connections winbindd makes to the PDC goes into log.winbindd. Likewise
for the root smbd daemon, and nmbd.