Winbindd!

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Wed Jun 19 07:43:02 GMT 2002

lmhosts is just one method for resolving names. If you are running a WINS
server, try specifying that in your smb.conf file with "wins server =" and
add static mappings of the domain name to the IP addresses for the domain
controllers for that domain. If the domain controllers are aware of the WINS
server, then they should already be automatically registering their names
with it.

Another method is broadcast. If the domain controllers for the trusted
domain respond, then they will be found.

Another method is DNS.