Winbindd!

Osman Tufanogullari (Garanti Teknoloji) OsmanTuf at garanti.com.tr
Wed Jun 19 01:27:06 GMT 2002

I really need the answer ...

The question is hard to ask so i try to give an example..

There is a sharing on Linux with Samba 2.2.4 called Shared1...

We are using winbindd for unified logons and all the users and groups of our domains and trusted domains are mapped in the unix machine... These are supposed to be OK.

There are two domain users called teknolojy\andrew and teknolojy\tim... These domains are Win2000 domains... And users are windows 2000 users... The need is to use Linux servers as print and file servers in our Win2000 domains with unified logons...

Sharing1 points the directory /var/documents and drwxrwxrwx is given to it.... File system ext3...

Is it possible to give r/w rights to teknology\andrew whereas we give only r permission to teknolojy\tim... And also teknolojy\domain users will have the only read permission..???

That means is it possible to implement all the rights ,that Win2000 supports, in Samba? ( Full Control, Read, Write, Execute... )

Because of Unix drwxrwxrwx rules, it doesnt seem to me YES to the answer of the question! Because drwxrwxrwx , owner, group and world is only 3 parameter. But i can need different parameteres for each of my users?

Do you know the one who successfully imlement it fully in his company?

Many thanks.