Winbindd!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 19 01:09:02 GMT 2002

Tim Potter wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 09:15:31AM +0300, Osman Tufanogullari (Garanti Teknoloji) wrote:

> > One more question. Today i also work on it but when you look into a share's properties on NT or 2000 desktop, there is a Security tab on this panel...
> >
> > If you have a share on a linux server ( intented to use as a file & print server ), from a windows NT or 2000 desktop,
> >
> > Can we define security  parameters (adding and deleting user with read/write rights) using that panel?
>
> I think share level security is supported in the 2.2 series of Samba.
> Give it a try and find out!

Watch that language!

Per-share ACLs are supported in 2.2 and above.

'Share level security' is somthing compleatly different - 'security =
share' in smb.conf - and is somthing we have always supported.  (It
refers to one password per share, not one password per user.  Samba
implments this, but takes 'guesses' at the username instead...

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net