max smbd processes

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Wed Jun 19 00:50:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 09:00:56AM +0200, Alain Defrance wrote:

> hello,
>
> i'm using Samba Version 2.2.4 on Solaris 5.8
> in my smb.conf i have  max smbd processes = 200
>

> when i use tesparm for checking i've the following answer :
>
> ERROR: the 'max smbd processes' parameter is set and the 'status' parameter
> is set to 'no'.
>
> What is wrong in my configuration ?

Why do you have the status parameter set to no?  From the smb.conf
manual page:

       status (G)
              This  enables or disables logging of connections to
              a status file that smbstatus(1) can read.

              With this disabled smbstatus won't be able to  tell
              you  what  connections are active. You should never
              need to change this parameter.

              Default: status = yes

Counting the number of concurrent smbd processes requires the logging of
connections to the status file, connections.tdb.

Try removing 'status = no' from your smb.conf

Tim.