Winbindd!

Osman Tufanogullari (Garanti Teknoloji) OsmanTuf at garanti.com.tr
Tue Jun 18 04:01:01 GMT 2002

Hi All,

This is the first message I write to the mailing list and please forgive me if the content of the message is not related with your subjects...

My question is about winbindd deamon ;

I installed samba 2.2.4 rpm...

Everything works fine. Print and home shares are ok. smb.conf directs the samba to use Security = Domain authentication and passwords are controlled by PDC. I am sure of those.

But after starting winbindd deamon,

wbinfo -m ( trusted domain names ) --> OK
wbinfo -t ( check secret ) --> OK
wbinfo -n username ( sid from username ) --> OK
wbinfo -s sid ( username from sid) --> OK

options work properly.

But

wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g end with error
"Error looking up domain users",
"Error looking up domain groups".

getents shows only local users ( I think this is because of the error I get when run wbinfo -u and -g )

Do you have any solution to the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Itri Osman.