libsmbclient.so problem w98 servers? (LONG)

Tom Jansen tom at ninja.nl
Sun Jun 16 11:44:01 GMT 2002

Hi everyone, samba-gurus,

I've been messing with libsmbclient.so for a while now and was quite statisfied.
Lately, I did a cvs up and now things are weird !

The problem:
the opendir-readdir-closedir functions look like they are behaving nicely but:
on win98 servers (at least one is win98SE)readdir gives weird results.
(results below)

On win2000 and samba clients there is no problem.

The Output of a test program that just calls smbc_init,opendir, readdir until no
results returned and smbc_closedir and puts the type (D:directory, F:file)
before the filename produces this output.

The correct output is generated when using an old version (about half-year old
HEAD branch) of libsmbclient.so

Is this a known problem? I'm willing to investigate this a little further if
appreciated.

Yours,
     Tom