passdb TODO list

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 14 06:16:02 GMT 2002

I figured I might just jot down some ideas for the future of the passdb
subsystem, as well as some of the more immediate todo items:

Actually use the 'unload' passdb code.  Currently we don't ever shut
down the passdb, execpt on error.  We are going to need to do this kind
of stuff if we are to make pdb_xml work (for example).

Also, we need to get interface versioning going:  We have just changed
the interface, but we didn't tell anybody :-)  (SID stuff).

I would like to get pdb_xml into Samba at some stage.  What do people
think of the idea?  (Its a passdb that exports to XML in order to allow
backups/hand updates pdb backends, tdbsam in particular.)  I've not
looked at it much, but it does require the basic stuff like new
configure magic (to detect the XML lib etc).

http://people.nl.linux.org/~jelmer/downloads/

I'm sure there is more, so I'll probably add to this later.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net