Samba as BDC in windows domain?

Guenther Deschner guenther.deschner at suse.de
Tue Jun 11 09:15:07 GMT 2002

hello paul,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 04:00:08PM +0100, Paul Reilly wrote:

> I've been reading about setting up Samba as a PDC with LDAP storage.
> However if I am to do this it needs to co-exist with the exisitng windows
> NT domain using windows NT PDC's. Everything I've read so far says you
> can't have a Samba BDC unless it's in a Samba PDC controlled domain. Is this
> correct? Is there *any_possible_way* of having a Samba BDC get SAM updates
> from a windows NT PDC ?
>
> If not, is there any other way to sync an OpenLDAP server against a NT PDC ?

well, if you really consider *any_possible_way* you might have a look at
http://acctsync.sourceforge.net/

i never used or tested this, but this could (with a considerable amount of
work) be possibly expanded to match a "NT pdc synchronizes to samba bdc in
ldap"-mechanism.

anyone had a closer look at this?

bye,
guenther
Guenther Deschner                          guenther.deschner at suse.de
SuSE Linux AG                                        GnuPG: 8EE11688
Berliner Str. 27                      phone:  +49 (0) 30 / 430944778
D-13507 Berlin                           fax:  +49 (0) 30 / 43732804