samba-2.2.5pre1 posted on samba.org
jerry at samba.org
Sat Jun 8 09:37:05 GMT 2002
I've tagged prerelease-2-2-5pre1 in CVS and posted
a tarball at ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/pre/
RedHat 7.3 RPM and SRPM can be found at
This is a non-production release intended only
for testing. Please report issues, bugs, success
on this mailing list (since you are already subscribed).
Hopefully this will be the only prerelease before the
final 2.2.5 version.
Bang on it. Test as much as you can on as many platforms
as you can: domain controlling, printing, file serving,
VFS, LDAP, Samba PDC/BDC combination, etc...
Here's a quick ChangeLog (more complete one to be done
for the final release...i'm still getting my system
together). I've probably left somethings out.
If there is any doubt, please ask or check the CVS logs.
* fixed marshalling error in spoolss_io_devmode()
which cauised ACT! 2000 on 2k/xp clients not to
* fixed alignment bug in spoolss system which caused
Win2k/XP clients not to be able to
* enforce the valid/invalid users parameter on printer
shares when coming in from NT/2k/xp clients
* fixed bug that prevent MS Access binary and database
from being served on a Samba share concurrently
* added -S switch to smbpasswd for setting the domain SID
in secrets.tdb by querying a remote DC
* Fixed LDAP unitialized time values in SAM_ACCOUNT
when using LDAP directory and non-existent attributes
* cleaned up import_smbpasswd.pl to properly import
and smbpasswd file a set of sambaAccount entries
* Added extension to VFS recycle bin
* Several signal handlers issues fix relating to change
notification and oplocks on Linux 2.4 kernels
* Cleaned up many compile issues on Solaris both using GCC
and Sun Workshop Compiler.
* more work on supporting various Linux quota systems
* will now idle a connection with an open pipe, but only
if there are no open handles on it (print server
scalability issue with NT/2k/xp clients)
* user password changes with using --with-ldapsam appear
to be broken. Still looking into this one. Don't know
if it affects smbpasswd installations.
* various docs out of date (smb.conf(5) and several HOWTO's)
More information about the samba-technical