Heads up warning on 2.2.5

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Jun 7 13:30:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 16:00, Gerald Carter wrote:
> On 7 Jun 2002, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
>
> > > The main things we are trying to straightened out are
> > >
> > >   * some missing documentation,
> > i think these params are without docs
> >
> > addprinter command
> > deleteprinter command
>
> I know these are documented.
the're in the source as
"addprinter command" but in the doc file as
"add printer command" (which is why my script doesn't think they exist)

> > admin log L821
> > ssl ca certfile L804
> > max packet L857
> > groupname map L954
>
> ????  are you looking in SAMBA_2_2?
>
> > wtmp directory
> > packet size
> > mangling method
> > alternate permissions
> > force directory security mode
> > -valid L1048
> > ssl ca certdir
> > tdb passwd file

those are all valid parms in loadparm.c
ie - they are in the param struct
i've put the some of the line numbers for those parms above

> examples/VFS/recycle/
that dir does not exist in my tree
probably because it is empty in cvsweb
(but there is stuff int the "attic")

i'll be happy to submit a patch reconciling these inconsistencies but
i don't know if you want them gone from the param struct or
added to the man page.

thanks!

brad