Fw: Printing via RPC Calls in 2.2.5-pre -- drum roll -- it works :)

Steven J Mackenzie sjm at activenavigation.com
Thu Jun 6 07:39:01 GMT 2002

More 2.2.5-pre printing RPC testing:

I've upgraded a 2.2.4-pre server to 2.2.5-pre (Last Sundays CVS).

This print server is a member of a Samba controlled domain, and uses domain
level security.

Printer drivers for an HP2200dn are shared for NT and for 2000 by the
server.

I've tested printing from Windows 2000 client (as a member of the same
domain as the print server), and from a Windows NT 4.0 client (which used
guest privs to download the drivers and access the printer). AOK.

I also tested setting printing defaults, which were set and respected.

I'll be able to upgrade my 2.2.2 servers now :)

> Thanks for the feedback.  Always good to hear when things work :-)

Thanks for the software -- when it works, it's great ;)