FW: Possible bug: File changed as we read it

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Jul 31 16:36:01 GMT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Bert Buckley [mailto:bbuckley at trilan.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 5:51 PM
To: Green, Paul
Subject: Re: Possible bug: File changed as we read it

	Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I mount the file system with smbmount from a Win 2000 system (and
I have the same problem from a Win 98 box)

I did a test:  (bash history...)

 1025  smbmount //p500/D /mnt
 1026  cd /mnt
 1027  cd SparkleSystems/Toxocara/
 1034  cd Restore/
 1035  wc Toxocara.mdb
 1036  stat Toxocara.mdb

	This is one of the trouble files.

	Both wc and stat returned the same count.  Is this test sufficient?
	I am pretty sure that wc just does the read to EOF that you suggest.

	When I extract the file from the tar archive and then diff it
against the
	file mounted on /mnt, they match.

	And yes, I could upgrade...and maybe should.  But I just don't
	have the time to keep 4 systems right up to date.  I know I should,
	but...

Anyway, any other assistance or suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks.

Bert

--
Bert Buckley