More interesting NetBench anomalies ...

Andrew Theurer habanero at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 31 07:40:00 GMT 2002

> 3. The report claims 163.471 MBytes of data Transferred, yet a full
> capture is larger than 334 MBytes (that capture dropped a few frames).

Generally my Netbench reported peak throughput is about 10-15% lower than
what I see in my sar report.  The only thing that comes to mind is that the
numbers NetBench reports are based on file data, and not all network data
(header, etc), but I can't see how this would be 2x difference.  I would
generally expect whatever Netbench reports, the capture would be smaller due
to client caching.

-Andrew Theurer