Regression: smbclient fails with "protocol negotiation failed"

Fredrik Öhrn ohrn at chl.chalmers.se
Tue Jul 30 05:30:02 GMT 2002

I just noticed that 'smbclient -L some_server' fails with the message
"protocol negotiation failed" when some_server is running samba 2.2.5

The version of smbclient doesn't matter, and it works OK against a 2.2.2
server i still have around.

Other aspects like mounting shares and stuff works, nor does the
"Network Neighborhood" in Windows seem to suffer.

If there's anything I can do to help debug this further I'd be glad to
help.

Regards,
Fredrik

--
   "It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
   the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."

Fredrik Öhrn                               Chalmers University of Technology
ohrn at chl.chalmers.se                                                  Sweden