Very bad performance when copying large files from windows to samba-share

Ulf Bertilsson ulf.bertilsson at adcomdata.no
Mon Jul 29 01:52:02 GMT 2002

> Whats frightening me the most, it seems like you are the only
> one interested in getting this fixed.

Well, THAT is frightening ;)
I'm just a hobby geek.

> A while ago I posted a request to additional information
> where the offset-write-request gets passed to, noone
> answered.

Would seems like goodie food for the samba team..
How about using the VFS to make an debug layer ?

> I thought solving problems like these is one of the
> OpenSource-strengths ?

Yes and now I guess.

It's all based on free work.
No "demands" can realy be set I guess.

Still, I just keep a low profile.
I represent an very outdated and small OS platform.
I'm just happy that they take me serious.

--
Ulf